Working from home
Working from home office is a new trend of modern work culture. So now you may even run a small company from home. Online running companies are having 5 to 20+ employees and interesting thing is that most of them are from different nationality. Even interesting is they do not work in a single office. They all work from their home office in their own country.
We all want to earn more and more using our skills. Working in a company is not always up to our satisfaction. So if you are not satisfied with your job but you believe in hard+smart work then online freelancing is a better option for you. Online freelancing has become a big market. There are several websites that provides a platform to both client and freelancer to meet and accomplish job. They charge about 10% of total project cost.
If you have prior experience in various technologies it becomes easier to get hired. You need to provide your previous work samples. And if you meet client’s requirements chances of getting hired are much better.
Here are some websites for freelancers:-
How It Works?
First of all you need to sign up as contractor. Provide some basic information about you and then enter payment method for withdrawal. The website itself directs you to complete your profile. You should fill every detail about your skills with previous work experience. Also provide info about your previous work in portfolio section in almost all websites for freelancing.
Now to start applying most websites provide you with a limited number of applications ( varies from website to website – normally ranges from 10 to 40 applications ). Apart from odesk.com every website has a membership plan. Although your basic membership i.e. free of cost membership continues but you will need to get a plan as 10 applications are not enough for a month but if you use odesk then its not a problem.
I am using odesk.com for last 1 year. I am completely satisfied with it. I recommend this website over others as it is not so complicated. It mostly provides a very good experience to both client and contractor.
main features of odesk :-
- No membership required.
- Application system is very good.
- Best customer support system.
- User friendly system. Others are full of hundreds of links.
- Free of cost skill tests.
Tips regarding working online
- Complete your profile fully.
- Keep updating it as you work.
- Explain previous projects in full. Also provide relevant document if needed.
- Don’t use fake resume.
- Apply only on jobs relevant to your skill set.
- Always be polite to your client as feedback provided by him will affect your chances of getting hired by others.
- Ask for a part of payment as upfront if client denies don’t force him.
- Try to work more and more on hourly basis projects as they are symbol of reputation for a contractor.
- Hard work is no exception.
- If you don’t have patience forget about freelancing.
Online freelancing has become very popular these days. If you are a hard working guy there is a lot of money for you in there.