In this wordpress tutorial we are going to discuss wordpress installation. WordPress provides a .zip file that contains cms in it. Now you may install it locally using wamp/xampp or on online server. I will discuss offline installation of wordpress i.e. using wamp / xampp.
Steps in wordpress installation
- Download wordpress zipped package from http://wordpress.org/download/
- Now extract zipped package and place it in www folder of wamp or htdocs folder of xampp.
- rename it to your website name for example “Holiday”.
- Now in your browser goto localhost/phpmyadmin and create a database ( wamp/xampp should be started prior to this).
- Now you should need following info to proceed:
- Database name ( the one you have created in phpmyadmin )
- Database username ( root for wamp and xampp i.e. offline )
- Database password ( leave blank for wamp and xampp i.e. offline )
- Hostname ( localhost for wamp and xampp i.e. offline )
- Now goto browser and open link localhost i.e. homepage of wordpress.
- Click our project under name “Holiday”.
- Create a configuration file.
- Fill database details we discussed earlier.
- Now run the install.
- Fill general information needed.
- Now go to localhost/holiday in your web browser. You will see a default template.
So our wordpress is installed successfully.