In this chapter we are going to go through wordpress themes option. Theme installation in wordpress is very easy. It can be installed manually or automatically. First we will discuss automatic method. Follow steps below to install a wordpress theme.
- Step 1 – First we will download free theme from wordpress.org ( incase you don’t have any theme already ).
- Step 2 – Now navigate to Appearence -> Themes in your website’s admin panel.
- Step 3 – Now click “Add new” to add new theme to your website.
- Step 4 – We have got many options to install theme. You may search it in wordpress.org directory or simply upload it.
- Step 5 – Here we will upload the theme that we downloaded earlier. Just choose theme’s zip folder and click “install now” button.
- Step 6 – Now your theme is uploaded but you need to activate it to view it on front end. Click “Activate” to activate theme on front end.
So this is how we upload a theme from admin panel in wordpress. Now we will discuss another method i.e. manual upload of theme in wordpress.
For manually installing themes go to wp-content/themes folder and place the extracted theme folder here. Now go to admin panel and activate theme by going to ” Appearence ->themes ” .